Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking Linux System Administrator. Location is Oklahoma City, OK. Secondary location is Mechanicsburg, PA. Must be US Citizen and have minimum interim Secret clearance If you do not have a clearance, client can attain an interim Secret for you. Pay up to $82,000 a year with full benefits but would depend on experience. CompTIA Security+ certification required prior to start. Relocation candidates will also be considered and available.
Looking for a motivated Linux System Administrator professional to join our team at DISA. The scope of work includes overseeing, monitoring, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems.
Objectives. The objective of our work at DISA is to provide support Department of Defense (DoD) Mission Partners and internal DISA customers. This requirement involves the following: provide Linux system administration support for configuration and management functions for NIPRNET and SIPRNET.
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Install, configure, administer, and maintain current systems and applications in Linux environment.
- Monitor Linux system activity utilizing Government provided tools and address any errors or system anomalies IAW DoD and DISA Instructions, Policies and Directives.
- Provide technical oversight of Linux systems.
- Perform trend analysis of Linux systems including system performance, recommend configuration or procedural changes, and participate in Linux systems planning.
- Interact/coordinate with DISA service desks, technical staff, and customers to re-solve technical problems.
- Document Linux systems administration processes, procedures, and activities.
Additional Information about Position and Company
- Must have either Interim Secret or Secret Clearance and;
- Possess a CompTIA Security + certification (or higher) to start work
- Education and years of experience:
- Bachelors degree in an IT related field and 3 years of experience with systems or applications experience in a Linux environment,
- 6 years of experience with systems or applications experience in a Linux environment.
- Salary: up to $82,000 based on experience
- Job location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 11 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with 4% company match
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Reimbursement for approved technical training/exams