Direct hire. Seeking Data Analyst. Must be US Citizen and/or Greencard holder in order to attain low level clearance. Position is currently hybrid with two days on-site in Washington, DC L'enfrant Plaza area. Pay range from $90,000-$115,000 a year with full benefits but will depend on experience. Bachelors degree required. Must not have travelled outside of the USA for more than 180 days total in the last 5 years to attain clearance. Strong SQL skills required. Data Warehouse/ETL/Teradata and/or SAS experience highly desired. Min 6 yrs of work experience required.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to Join Our Team:
The Sr. Data Analyst must have minimum of 6+ years of professional experience analyzing data needs, business needs, performing data analysis and performing ETL against a multitude of data sources and platforms, business analytics, proposing business solutions, and generating reports. Must have 5+ years’ business and technical analysis experience in a client-facing role with the ability to use PowerPoint, excel, and other graphical tools such as Qlik, PowerBI, Tableau or Microstrategy to report to upper management the results of the analysis. Must understand relational databases; past database development and data analysis experience is needed. Must have prior customer support experience to be able to work with customers and explain the reports and decisions and trends to them. Must have experience in SAS, Teradata, and Oracle ETL processes and reporting. Understanding supply chain management communication and business transactions is a big plus. Must be able to solve problems and help modelers with the right type of cleaned data. Must be able to work with Excel and create graphics and reports that meet the needs of a VP. Must have served as a data analyst in 3-5 projects in the past as a team member and in a lead capacity on at least one project. Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or science-related field or related experience, a master’s degree in the related field is a plus.
Where You're Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States near the Washington DC Metro area and the position (after Covid) requires on-site presence in Washington DC with the client, at least 2-3 days a week.
- Improve results for the Senior Management on the mission by supporting risk, fraud, marketing, address profiles, products, services, and functionality in terms of data analytics.
- Overcome storage, performance, and large data set challenges by performing ETL processes to lead statistical analysis of the data and to create more value from data by adding different data-sets and sources.
- Improve use case implementation and reporting through data modeling and design.
- Ability to grasp, document, and articulate revenue assurance and fraud analysis pertaining to customers. Additionally, possess the skills to create reports for both Directors and field personnel, which hold potential for legal action against criminals.
- Proficiency in SAS, Oracle, Teradata, Excel, and database analytics is a prerequisite.
- Capability to write intricate SQL queries for report generation.
- The aptitude to craft visually captivating presentations using elements such as (graphics, graphs, clipart, MS Visio diagrams, and MS PowerPoint).
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborates autonomously with users to formulate concepts while operating under the guidance of project managers.
- Act as the intermediary linking the customer community (both internal and external customers) with the software development team, facilitating the seamless flow of requirements.
- Formulates requirement specifications in accordance with established templates, employing natural language as and when required.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the data sources, and the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Assigned responsibilities will encompass assisting in the QA process and contributing to the development of training materials.
- Applicants should either hold U.S. citizenship or possess the authorization to work full-time in the United States for any employer.
- Should be capable of obtaining a public trust clearance from the US government.
- Strong proficiency in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills is a prerequisite for this role.
What You’ve Done Before:
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient and at an advanced level with ETL data processing.
- Must have strong skills with Excel, SAS, SQL queries, functions, procedures, views.
- Big data experience is a huge plus.
- Prior experience of working with Teradata or other data warehouse database is a plus.
- Complete ad hoc report requests from business stakeholders leveraging necessary Business Intelligence (Bl) tools.
- Must understand data modeling data entities and data communication and processing.
- Good interpersonal skills are also required.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and web applications is useful including Jason, XML and web services.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year