Direct hire. Seeking Program Manager with extensive Federal IT experience. Must be US Citizen and/or Greencard holder in order to attain low level clearance. Position is currently remote due to Covid, but may become hybrid in the future with work in DC. Pay range up to $155,000 a year with full benefits, but will depend on experience.
Firm has an opening for one of its federal agency contracts to manage professional services contracts with two to three teams that represent the business and functional side of IT systems development. The role does include communication, collaboration with IT but the role is not about implementation activities, rather the role is focused on definition, requirements, design, CAT activities, integration management, risk management, budgets and contracts management and people management activities. Client expects this person to also play the role of an account manager and help with business development activities, offering solutions to the clients. Program Manager will report directly to the VP of Professional Services and will be responsible for managing 3-4 project leads and their small teams. We are looking for a technically savvy and operationally disciplined senior program manager to help lead efforts in helping our customers manage and enhance mission systems. The successful candidate is a technical program manager with a track record of successfully developing strong relationships and successfully managing complex, cross discipline projects. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate a history of successful development of relationships, processes, metrics, project management, collaborations, and operational support. As a leader within this team, we would look for a candidate to bring discipline to the planning and deliverables process and improve quality of our deliverables. Must be a self- starter, self- managed person who can coach and mentor Project Managers, Project Leads and lead overall activities.
Must have past experience in managing matrix-ed and functional teams.
Must have at least 4 years of Program management experience and at least 15+ years of IT experience.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information systems, or related fields.
Master’s degree in related field is a plus.
PMP is a plus.
Prior experience in working with either of the following areas such as: ecommerce, parcel, mail, postal, logistics, supply chain experience is required.
Must be a U.S. citizen and/or authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Must be able to get cleared with public trust US government clearance.
The contract requires some experience with a supply chain related business activities where products are moved from one place to another, ecommerce, transportation, aviation, logistics, postal, parcel, customs or relative experience.
- • The job responsibilities include participating in a program management capacity on:
- • Project scope definition, and planning through delivery of assigned deliverables and releases.
- • Provide customer input represented in both technical and business terms with descriptive requirements to ensure the value of the project is realized.
- • Helps with account management and leading solutioning activities to help clients with current and future problems.
- • Delivery, documentation and circulation of an end-to-end Plan, including activities, dependencies, timing and ownership. Follow up with specific owners to deliver components of the project on-time.
- • Driving a unified message to all affected internal stakeholders and deliver quality feedback back to the teams responsible for deliverables such as requirements documents, technical and user guide documents, API and data specification development, training materials, change requests, QA plans and processes, User Group communications materials.
- • Provide actionable detail on future obligations to the requirements management team, design team, guides and communications team, QA team, customer onboarding team.
- • Present program status and issues to customer and company management on a regular and consistent basis in regular status reporting and status meetings.
- • Understand and coach/teach others the customers on SDLC, business processes, templates, and systems.
- • Works with Project managers and project leads and customer to refine planning and communication of deliverables.
- • Proven ability to drive large scale complex projects with high collaboration and leadership.
- • Excellent written and oral communications
- • Required business development and proposal writing skills to help increase revenues.
- • Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure.
- • Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to senior management.
- • Good interpersonal skills are also required.
- • Knowledge of Internet technologies and web applications is useful including Web 2.0 and XML.
- • Familiarity with testing tools and government accessibility requirements is a plus.
- • Prior experience eliciting requirements for web based, database and B2B systems.
- • Excellent client presence and facilitation/communication skills.
- • Proficient in MS Office Suite (Visio, Word, PPT etc.)
- • Must possess good understanding of business process engineering.
- • Must be well trained in technical writing skills.