Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking Linux System Administrator. Must be US Citizen to attain CBP clearance... current clearance highly preferred. Salaried job with full benefits up to $125,000 but will depend on experience. Relocation available. Covid remote with some office visit in the future at Ashburn, VA. Any Windows Administration highly desired.
As part of a Development Team (approx. 10 people), serve as a Windows/Linux Server Administrator who will perform systems administration supporting engineering and sustainment teams with the running of multiple hosted enterprise applications. The candidate must be knowledgeable about Windows/Linux Server Administration, including configuration, patching, and monitoring. The candidate should also have experience with scripting and managing/troubleshooting COTS tools.
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Monitor and perform reconciliations between systems.
- Perform administration of Windows and Linux/Unix systems.
- Support administration and troubleshooting of COTS products
- Comply with government-wide, DHS, and CBP requirements including those associated with systems security, access and internal controls.
- Provide experience and best practices related to O&M support.
- Proactively identify, recommend solutions for systems issues and support their resolution.
Additional Information about Position and Company:
- Must be U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain government clearance.
- Secret clearance, Top Secret clearance, or prior CBP experience a plus.
- Must have 10+ years of experience with Windows and/or Linux
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with Linux
- Familiarity or experience with mainframe systems a plus.
- Salary: up to $125,000 depending on experience
- Job location: Falls Church, VA
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching funds
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Reimbursement for approved technical training/exams