Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking Project Manager Must be US Citizen to attain CBP clearance... current clearance highly preferred. Salaried job with full benefits up to $135,000 but will depend on experience.
Remote work is approved during COVID. Once COVID restrictions are lifted, partial in-office work will be approved.
Firm is looking for a motivated Project Manager to join a team at Customs and Border Protection. The team will monitor and sustain a variety of interconnected HR and financial systems. The scope of work includes support for coding, the operational environment, security, and configuration management.
As part of a Development Team (approx. 10 people), serve as a Project Manager who will interface with government staff, oversee the schedule, develop/review documentation, and oversee/support the technical team implementing the system changes. The candidate must be knowledgeable about basics of IT systems.
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Oversee and support the technical team
- Develop and oversee schedule
- Develop and review documentation as it relates to various IT systems
- Interface with government staff
- Support the Change Request process, including documentation
- Support converting customer requests into functional requirements
- Support testing of systems
- Strong communication skills
- Work with a diverse team
Additional Information about Position and Company:
- Must be U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain government clearance.
- DHS, Secret clearance, Top Secret clearance, or prior CBP experience a plus.
- Must have 10+ year of experience in IT/project management experience or other related area
- Familiarity or experience with mainframe or virtualization systems a plus.
- Salary: up to $135,000
- Job location: Ashburn, VA/remote
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching funds
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Reimbursement for approved technical training/exams