Direct hire, full time job with full benefits. No contractors or third parties. This is not a temp job. 2 openings left for junior to mid candidates. Pay range up to $85,000 but will depend on experiece. Relocation available but can also be 100% remote. Requires minimum interim Secret clearance to be considered. Location is Pensacola, FL.(but again, remote is ok too) Security+ certification required prior to start.
Seeking Java Developers to help us support our Navy Client's efforts to design, develop and maintain Navy training systems. Join our team and help provide full life cycle application development utilizing web-based Java EE technologies (JS,JPA and EJBs), as well as traditional waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
- Develops application software by coding in Java.
- Performs unit and functional testing.
- Designs and implements data model objects.
- Analyzes root causes for abnormal system operation.
- Participates in Scrum ceremonies and collaborates with team members to best fulfill client requirements.
- Performs evaluations and analysis of data to determine feasible solutions, and implements solution(s).
- Defines and resolves problems including developing processes and procedures for resolving like problems throughout the enterprise and analyzes methods of approach.
- Provides detailed documentation and feedback for problem resolution.
- Reviews, analyzes, routes, and resolves help requests.
- Examines existing information system schematics and related supporting software documentation.
- Identifies alternative software solutions.
- Participates in reviews to determine the completeness and consistency of software requirements.
- Analyzes and develops documentation supporting MPTE TSS program and projects aligned with each functional area.
- Analyzes and evaluates Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products to assess the feasibility and usability of the product to best support operations that are related to the project.
- Develops and documents a gap analysis, details the functional capabilities satisfied by the COTS, and identifies strengths and weaknesses.
- Collects data on software engineering performance during the appropriate phases of development.
- Utilizes current SQL-based products and tools for extraction and reporting of information to support business requirements analysis and development. Products may include TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, Oracle Business Intelligence, or SAP Business Objects reports engine.
- Conducts Legacy and NMCI system evaluations of production installations to assure HW/SW compatibility and maximum effectiveness.
Minimum education and experience:
High School Diploma.
Between two (2) and twelve (12) years of software development, systems management, business processes, system/network/software/hardware integration and/or cloud infrastructure experience.
- Working experience with Java EE web development, JPA, Oracle SQL and/or PL/SQL, and HTML.
- IAT Level II certification (CCNA Security, SA, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE or SSCP).
- Must obtain required OS/CE certification within 6 months from date of hire or designation letter, whichever is first.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Business, or Engineering.
- Experience with ORM tools (Hibernate/Toplink) and/or presentation layer libraries (RichFaces/PrimeFaces/Bootstrap).
- Exposure to and knowledge of DevOps concepts including cloud (AWS, Azure), automated testing, builds and deployments.
- Experience using Java to develop SOAP-based and/or RESTful web services.