Direct hire. Seeking Director of Business Development for mid-size government contractor. Location is either Alexandria, VA or Norfolk, VA area. Pay up to $185,000 a year with full benefits and bonus plan, but would depend on experience. Must be US Citizen to attain clearance. Must have extensive experience selling IT Services to DOD. Must have experience writing proposals. Min 10 years of BD experience to be considered.
Seeking a dynamic Director of Business Development to lead corporate business development strategy, customer engagement, opportunity identification and qualification, and all aspects of opportunity response. The successful candidate will lead collaborative teams and manage corporate business development resources and activities. The Director advises corporate executive leadership on growth strategies, marketing, and management of resources for future procurements, and recommends opportunities for pursuit. The candidate will participate in all aspects of proposal development, including solution architecture, writing, editing, and pricing.
The position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and may operate from corporate locations in Alexandria, VA, or Norfolk, VA. Other locations may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
- Leads business development activities to identify and qualify new business opportunities in compliance with capture management processes, guidelines and assigned goals.
- Develops growth strategies and plans including market analysis, competitor analysis, and customer budget profiles.
- Operates effectively as leader of a matrixed Business Development team in support of multiple business units.
- Manages multiple high priority efforts while simultaneously ensuring seamless operation of corporate daily business development processes
- Develops and maintains corporate opportunity pipeline.
- Conducts capture management, teaming, and marketing.
- Actively participates in all phases of proposal development, including drafting responses, participating in proposal reviews, and leading pricing activities.
- Prepares and presents information on business development status and capture activities to senior leadership.
- Gathers data on competitors and analyzes their prices, capabilities, and methods of operation.
- Performs customer relationship management and account management.
- Develops and delivers executive level briefings, issue papers, and reports.
- Eligible for participation in the incentive compensation program.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Minimum education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant business development experience conducting opportunity identification, capture, and proposal development in the government, defense and/or aerospace industries.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting growth targets and capturing opportunities of up to $200M total value.
- Proven ability to develop complex technical solutions, draft proposal language, review and edit the work of other proposal team members, conduct price-to-win analyses, and develop proposal pricing.
- Experience in solution development across a broad range of technical and service disciplines.
- Detailed understanding of relevant DOD organizations, policies, and processes.
- Experience and proficiency in identifying new business opportunities, and developing an opportunity pipeline.
- Proven ability to lead, as well as develop and implement, strategic business development initiatives across multiple locations within a decentralized environment.
- Demonstrated success in winning repeat and new business.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and government acquisition trends and processes.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, and ability to present complex processes and concepts in a clear and understandable manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Frequent travel may be required.
- Must possess or be eligible for a DOD Secret clearance.
- Master's degree.
- Ten (10) years of military experience.
- Shipley or comparable business development training.
- Business development experience with both large and small businesses.