Direct hire to small/medium sized Federal Government Contractor. Internal corporate role for a Contracts Administrator. Pay range from $90,000 - $105,000 a year with full benefits, but would depend on experience. Location is Alexandria, VA. Remote work up to 2 days a week allowed after initial training period.
- Ensures assigned prime contracts and subcontracts meet financial reporting requirements, align with invoicing specifications, and adhere to federal regulatory compliance standards.
- Administers various government and commercial contracts of all contract types from proposal development phase through close-out.
- Negotiates the terms and conditions of various contractual documents including Nondisclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Subcontract Agreements, Modifications/Amendments, Memorandums of Understanding, Final Closeouts, and Release of Claims.
- Works closely with the program operations team by assisting in the preparation of project budgets and providing critical analysis of all areas concerning contract funding, expenditure and staffing levels.
- Participates as a key team member during the proposal development process by providing guidance relevant to contract and subcontract requirements.
Maintains and prepares contract and subcontract files, relevant correspondence, and other reporting documents.
- Leads, coordinates, and reviews client and teammates’ cost and business proposal submissions and conducts negotiations with government officials and subcontractor representatives when necessary.
- Reviews job orders to ensure projects are appropriately staffed with individuals that meet stated labor category requirements while remaining within target salary ranges.
- Performs other duties as required to support the mission of Clients Contracts Department.
Minimum education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or four (4) years additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in the federal government service contracting marketplace working for a business of less than 400 employees.
- Demonstrated ability using a broad range of functional knowledge within the contract administration field to assess the full scope of contractual information including the identification of risks, opportunities and acquisition approaches.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and proven skills is in other Microsoft applications (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Office 365).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, exceptional mathematical and organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as ability to interact positively and productively with all types of personnel in a team environment.
- Ability to perform successfully by multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline orientated environment. Flexible and/or extended hours maybe required.
- Keen attention to detail while proactively using analysis to respond to requests and resolve issues.
- Capable of working independently under minimum direction.
- Experience using Deltek, and Costpoint Foundations.