Direct hire, full time job. Seeking Virtualization Engineer. Pay up to $83,000 with full benefits but will depend on experience. Must be US Citizen in order to attain min interim Secret clearance to start. Location is Montgomery, AL. Will also consider relocation candidates. If you don't have a clearance now, we can start the process. Security+ required but if you don't have one, must be able to study and test for it within 1-2 weeks. Must have Virtualization experience VMWare / Citrix / etc...
Non-x86 Virtual Infrastructure Storage & Network Configuration: The contractor shall provide storage and network configuration of non-86 virtualization infrastructure. The contractor shall:
• Create virtual networks and switches.
• Map physical network interfaces to virtual switches.
• Configure Storage Area Network multi-pathing.
• Create shared Virtual Machine file systems and mount onto server pool members.
• Migrate Storage or Virtual Machines.
Non-x86 Virtual Infrastructure Installation: The contractor shall perform installation of nonx86 virtual infrastructure. The contractor shall:
• Load Virtual Infrastructure Software.
• Configure operating system partitions for SAN boot media.
• Provision Virtual servers on Management Servers.
• Update patch levels and maintain up to date security posture.
• Monitor heath of the infrastructure.
• Collaborate with the Program Office, analysts, engineers, mission partner development teams, and DISA infrastructure services to define, establish, and communicate application and data architecture standards,
policies, and directions.
Non-x86 Virtual Machine Creation: The Contractor shall perform virtual machine creation within non-x86 virtual infrastructure. The contractor shall:
• Build a generic Operating Environments and load current OS patches.
• Convert the new virtual machine to a template.
• Deploy the template for testing.
• Create and maintain standard images for deployments.
• Assign virtual networks.
• Install the Enterprise Tool Suite.
• Conduct the turnover process following established Ecosystem process.
Non-x86 Migration of Selected Systems: The Contractor shall perform migration of systems within non-x86 infrastructure. The contractor shall:
• Prepare physical servers for migration.
• Perform a test migration into a private network.
• Build and Evaluate test virtual machine.
• Adjust process in response to tests and perform real conversion.
- Must have Interim Secret Clearance based on SSBI/T5 Investigation for IT-1 access and;
- Possess an 8570 CompTIA Security + certification or higher to start work
- Job Qualifications:
- Associates degree in Science, Engineer, Math, or Technology and one year of experience installing/maintaining non-x86 virtualization environment utilization of required software tools and utilities, implementation and testing of related software.
- Three years of experience installing/maintaining non-x86 virtualization environment utilization of required software tools and utilities, implementation and testing of related software