Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking Junior Storage Administrator. Location is at Montgomery, AL. Interim Secret or Secret clearance required. Pay up to $55,000 a year with full benefits but would depend on experience. Need to be able to attain Security+ cert. If no clearance, will be able to clear US Citizens only.
Storage Administration (1 FTE) Junior Storage Administrator
Place of Performance:DISA DECC Montgomery, AL
- Must have Interim Secret Clearance based on SSBI/T5 Investigation for IT-1 access and
- Possess an 8570 CompTIA Security + certification or higher to start work
- Storage Administration – Perform configuration and management of disk and backup storage for connection to Government resources. The contractor shall:
- Configure and manage Storage Area Network (SAN) arrays.
- Configure and manage SAN Fiber Channel switches.
- Configure and manage Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices.
- Configure and manage storage tape devices.
- Configure and manage cloud-based storage hardware.
- Configure and manage enterprise backup solutions.
- Configure and manage enterprise journaling solutions.
- Storage Monitoring, Reporting, and Analysis - perform monitoring, reporting, and analysis of disk and backup storage for connection to Government resources. The contractor shall:
- Provide capacity planning reports on storage and backup environments, identifying total storage, percent used, and percent free on each storage system.
- Monitor hardware status and open tickets for repair.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with and/or negatively impacting storage and backup operations.
- Monitor storage operations and system health and inform the Section chief of any issues.
- Perform analysis of allocated capacity and the association to servers and applications.
- Maintain current documentation associated with storage processes/procedures.
- Job Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and one years’ experience in an Information Technology environment, utilization of required software tools and utilities, implementation and testing of related software.
- Five years' experience in an Information Technology environment, utilization of required software tools and utilities, implementation and testing of related software.