Direct hire to major fortune 500 Government Contractor. This is NOT a temp or temp to perm job. Available immediately. Seeking Linux System Administrator. Must have TS clearance along with Security+ or similar. Location is in San Jose, CA.
Bachelor's degree in a computer science, information technology, engineering, or scientific field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Immediate opening for a Systems Administrator. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems.
In this role you will:
- Engineer SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Install and configure systems to support program developed applications
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards to DoD grade security
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
The Systems Administrator should have the following experience/skill-sets to perform hands-on technical functions
- Experience in deployment and administration of Linux, Sun/Oracle Solaris, Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience in design, deployment, and administration of virtualization products
- Scripting experience (bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience in multiple platforms and operating systems is desired
- Networking experience with designing, configuring, and troubleshooting
- Experience in security hardening
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or higher (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Technology (RedHat/Oracle, Linux, MSCE, etc.) with hands on technical system expertise
- Experience in system debugging
- Troubleshooting and fixing OS and peripheral issues
- Backup and restore
- User account creation and deletion
- Documentation skills with MS Word and Visio
- Possess understanding of security services based on:
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Defense Security Service (DSS)
- Defense Information Services Agency (DISA)