Direct hire. This is not a temp or temp to perm job. Seeking Linux Support System Administrator. Location is Oklahoma City, OK. Pay up to $65,000 a year with full benefits, but will depend on experience. Must be US Citizen in order to attain interim Secret clearance to start job. Relocation candidates will be considered. Clearable to TS. If no clearance, will clear.
As part of an enterprise IT Operations Team (approx. 60 people), working in a very large enterprise operations environment with DoD-specific Security, Information Assurance, and Compliance requirements, serve as a Linux Server Support Administrator who will perform operations and maintenance and systems management functions in accordance with provided documentation/instructions and the support of Application Owners engineering and sustainment teams with the intent of securely running multiple hosted enterprise applications. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about Unix/Linux Server Administration and how it is typically installed, configured, patched, and monitored. The candidate should also have hands-on experience with both home-grown and various COTS tools that are meant to automate the process of installing patches, files, and other enhancements or bug fixes onto test, staging, and production servers.
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should be able to perform the following:
- Manage and maintain currently supported Linux-based OS, primarily Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) but may include some HPUX, and/or Solaris on physical and virtual operating environments.
- Install, configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot Linux-based OS, primarily Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) but may include some HPUX, and/or Solaris and associated components such as, but not limited to, the OS, File System, hardware issues, DNS, NFS, Syslog, OS configuration and process/application troubleshooting
- Perform backups/restores IAW applicable regulations, policies, and guidance; and ensure backup failures are properly addressed.
- Ensure servers are properly configured and functioning as documented with specified network and storage components.
- Adequately validate functionality as per server and application documentation; report findings to appropriate parties and work with them to resolve issues.
- Exhibit effective and professional interpersonal skills to include written and oral communications
- Assist to analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose issues to ensure system optimization, integrity, availability, and functionality.
- Assist to install, configure, administer, and support secure remote access utilities including, but not limited to, SSH, Secure Web Access, VSphere, and Remote X server access.
- Assist to configure networking and storage components to meet engineering specifications.
- Possess understanding and hands-on experience with Linux RPMs, Bash, and Perl
- Assist to document processes, procedures, and activities.
- Interact with Tier 1 service desks, technical staff, and customers to resolve technical problems or provide information as requested
- Use provided ticket management system to properly document and resolve problems.
- Adhere to all applicable government and security requirements, processes, and regulations.
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Provide callback and after-hours support as needed on a rotating basis as scheduled.
Additional Information about Position and Company
- CompTIA SECURITY+ Certification is required within 6 months from start of work
- SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Interim Secret with an open TS investigation (formerly SSBI). If no clearance, will work with Candidate to obtain one prior to start of work.
- Nice to have operational experience in support production servers within DoD or other Federal Government Agencies
- Must have 1+ year of demonstrated work experience with Linux or equivalent
- Must have a good understanding of Linux OS (Red Hat Enterprise Linux), DNS, NFS, File System, Syslog, SNMP, RHEL OS Configuration, Processes/Services, and RPMs.
- Salary: up to $65,000 based on years of experience and knowledge/expertise
- Job location: Oklahoma
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching funds
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Reimbursement for approved technical training/exams