Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking Systems Security Enginer with Linux experience. Must be US Citizen with current Secret clearance. Location is Washington, DC and is hybrid remote/on-site(mostly remote). Salaried job with full benefits up to $115,000 but will depend on experience. Knowledge of various CyberSecurity tools and mix OS experience(Linux, Unix, Windows) highly desired, but Linux and/or Unix is required.
System Engineering professional to join our Cyber Security team. The scope of work includes troubleshooting systems, implementing cybersecurity tools, and perform system/application analysis.
As part of the Security Assurance and Compliance team, perform technical cybersecurity analysis on IT systems to retain and enhance cybersecurity posture in alignment with Departmental goals, mandates and procedures.
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Perform system and application analysis of IT assets; arrive at root cause of cybersecurity issues, propose fixes in alignment with business requirements
- Prototype installation or upgrade of cybersecurity tools (e.g. Tanium, FireEye, Symantec Antivirus)
- Troubleshoot issues with cybersecurity tools
- Troubleshoot systems engineering problems that cross multiple areas of expertise (OS, Application, Storage, Network, etc.)
- Document and describe all work performed
- Communicate regularly with management
Additional Information about Position and Company:
- Must be U.S. Citizen with an active Secret clearance
- 1+ years’ experience in IT Linux/Unix support
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Systems or experience.
- Salary: up to $115,000 depending on experience
- Job location: Remote, occasional travel to downtown Washington, DC possible.
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching funds
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Reimbursement for approved technical training/exams