Direct hire. Seeking IT Business Analyst. Must be US Citizen and/or Greencard holder in order to attain low level clearance. Position is currently remote due to Covid, but may become hybrid in the future with work in DC. There are 3 openings ranging from mid to senior level Min 6 yrs of experience. Pay range from $100,000-$135,000 a year with full benefits but will depend on experience.
The key job is to understand the business needs and develop requirements for mission critical systems, validate the requirement with customer, collaborate with IT to make sure functional and technical requirements don’t have any show blockers and test the functionality by manipulating data files (flat, XML, Jason) and help IT fix the errors before a production release. Familiarity with Accounting systems, mailings systems, Verification and compliance systems, revenue assurance and fraud detection systems are a plus. You will be part of a technical team responsible for developing business, functional, and technical requirements for financial, compliance, accounting, mailing, marketing, sales, service quality measurement and tracking systems. Job will also include working with clients, business and product owners, software developers, QA Analysts and at times performing QA activities. You may also be asked to collaborate with customers and help them understand reporting results and software usage through basic data analysis activities.
Here’s what you will need:
- Perform systems and application engineering through life cycle as an analyst, develop understanding of client's organization, develop user and system and data exchange requirements and ensures that business solutions are consistent with client’s strategic goals and investment decisions.
- Review Business Needs Statements, collaborate with the customers (internal and external) and develops business, functional and technical requirements in agile methodologies.
- Develop training materials, business and technical guides, help bring customers onboard.
- Self-Manage your tasks, schedules and write business and some technical requirements and after proving your abilities may be be tasked with managing the client and client’s expectations, deliverables and schedules as part of the growth path.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional
- Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- May be tasked to assist with the QA process and training material development as well as with product development activities or with other projects in a business analyst role. Helps the PM with planning, scheduling, communication, and execution activities.
- Strong problem solving, consulting, requirements management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are also required.
- Basic Knowledge of Internet technologies, data exchange technologies and web applications such as XML, Jason, Cloud is important to the role’s success.
- Familiarity with testing tools and government accessibility requirements is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Scrum is required
- Knowledge and experience developing UML use cases is a plus