Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking Splunk Engineer Must have current Secret clearance. Will be upgraded to TS. Salaried job with full benefits up to $185,000...but will depend on experience. Relocation available. Remote job during Covid with some office visit in Washington, DC.
As part of the security engineering team, serve as a Senior Splunk Engineer and cybersecurity engineer to design and implement a Splunk-centric incident / event management system.
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Provide Splunk engineering leadership for the team and government customer
- Implement and maintain Splunk log ingestion from a variety of sources, update ingestion based on new requirements
- Implement and maintain Splunk dashboards for team use cases; update dashboards based on new requirements
- Implement and maintain Splunk platform to conform with Departmental and Bureau security and operations standards, and in accordance with industry best practices.
- Integrate Splunk operations into Bureau business and operations procedures.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, and correct problems related to information technologies security systems; research and assist in the design and implementation of information and network security solutions; develop methods for information security reporting purposes; troubleshoot domain-wide information technology system and network security issues.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for technologies and applying those as appropriate.
- Understand business needs and partner with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
Additional Information about Position and Company:
- Must be U.S. Citizen with an active Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret security clearance; applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- 3+ years’ experience in Information Assurance
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Systems or experience.
- Degree in a Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology related field is desired, but not required.
- One of Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) preferred
- Salary: up to $185,000 depending on experience
- Job location: Washington, DC (Telecommute during COVID)
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching funds
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Reimbursement for approved technical training/exams