Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking mid to Senior level Oracle DBA. Must be US Citizen with current clearance. Prefer Secret and/or DHSCBP related clearance. Location is Ashburn, VA. Pay up to $130,000 a year with full benefits, but will depend on experience and candidate pool.
In support of a Federal Government Agency, an Oracle Administrator will support the CBP NDC program as an O&M (operations and maintenance) Oracle Administrator. The candidate will be participating in the support of an Oracle deployments. The candidate should have good technical skills to troubleshoot problems that arise in the Oracle Database suite of products, as well as general knowledge and experience with large, multi-OS systems environments. The candidate will be responsible for conducting systems management, monitoring, troubleshooting issues, performing testing and maintenance tasks, and on-call support to include tier 2 support and escalation to tier 3 support as required.
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
Additional Information about Position and Company:
- Performs monitoring and troubleshooting for Database products
- Responsible for performing patching updates as necessary
- Analyzes and resolves infrastructure issues between DB products and enterprise environments
- Monitors DB components and takes corrective actions as necessary and as directed by ICAM technical leadership
- Test and evaluate the full capabilities set of Oracle DB products
- Use Oracle Enterprise Manager to perform auditing, monitoring, load balancing, clustering, and logging with Oracle products
- Analyze and resolve connectivity issues to the databases, other identity stores, and network related issues
- Provide on-call Tier 2 support after hours on a rotational basis. Tier 2 is defined as being able to perform basic troubleshooting and resolving issues as they occur. In addition, more complex troubleshooting exercises will require escalation to on-call Tier 3 support engineer.
- Salary: up to $130,000 depending on experience
- Job location: Ashburn, VA
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching funds
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Reimbursement for approved technical training/exams