Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking senior level Systems Architect. Must have current Secret and/or DHS/CBP related clearance. Location is Springfield, VA but will be moving to Ashburn, VA in the near future. Salaried job with full benefits up to $185,000.
Sr. System Engineer with experience working in highly available Data Center environments. It is a full-time position supporting the day-to-day operations and engineering of the CBP systems. A successful candidate will oversee the design, architecture, and implementation of solutions in addition to maintaining, supervising and troubleshooting the existing solutions. Successful candidates will have experience specifically in RedHat, Atlassian, Weblogic, Apache, Docker software and technology products. When a problem arises, the administrator works quickly to determine a solution and maintain the system's security.
Working under the direction of the Systems Operations Manager; this position requires excellent technical, customer service, and organizational skills to support network operations for customer connections, administrative personnel, and staff. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments. Duties will include:
Technical and Functional Responsibilities:
- Performing a wide range of system engineer duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for various applications and products.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software upgrades to the infrastructure.
- Proactive monitoring of applications, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Collect and review utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Manage & troubleshoot systems throughout the organization.
- Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
- Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
The ideal candidate should have at minimum the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience with both a B.S. and M.S. degree.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
- Master of Science (M.S.) can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience.
- 5+ years experience with WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, Jenkins
- 5+ years experience with Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- 5+ years experience with Agile methodology
- 5+ years experience with Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes
- 5+ years experience with Atlassian Tool Suite including Jira and Confluence
- Expertise related to IT operations best practices in high availability systems
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Strong organizational / coordination skills
- US Citizenship
Additional Information about Position and Company
- Security Clearance: Active CBP, DHS, or DOD clearance. Must be able to obtain CBP Public Trust
- Salary: up to $185,000 based on experience
- Job location: Springfield, VA / Ashburn, VA
- Company benefits: TBD based on contract award.