Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking mid to senior level Java Developer. Must have current Secret and/or DHS/CBP related clearance. Location is Alexandria, VA but will be moving to Ashburn, VA in the near future. Salaried job with full benefits but will also consider 1099 with pay up to $150,000 a year or $105hr 1099. Min 8 yrs of Java experience required. Any Security, back-end or webservices experience highly desired. Relocation available.
Looking for a motivated, experienced software engineer to join a team at Customs and Border Protection. The candidate will provide SME support to a custom identity management application in the areas of identification, authentication, authorization and operational support/tier-3 troubleshooting.
The scope of work includes contractor support for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support operations for the re-hosted COSS/TAMS/AIMS environment which integrates financial and HR systems for 60K government employees utilizing a variety of web services and databases. This includes support for coding, build process, integration, testing, and the operational environments. The primary objectives include:
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
- Strong background in Java programming in a server environment
- Thorough understanding of web services (REST/SOAP with XML or JSON payloads) and their representation in a network trace
- Experience understanding and troubleshooting network access issues, especially regarding identification, authentication and authorization
- Understanding of network principles: firewalls, load balancers, NAT, routing, network segmentation.
- Understanding of federal IT security policies, principles and practices (e.g. NIST, OMB, GSA)
- Experience with PKI/PIV integration via the TLS client certificate handshake.
- Experience with SAML design, development integration into a custom identity management solution
- Experience with the Federal PKI hierarchy.
- Experience with the Kerberos protocol and Microsoft Kerberos implementation
- Understanding of the HTTP and TLS protocols and modern extensions (content security policy, CSRF tokens)
- Experience with querying various databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB) using a variety of means (command line clients, desktop clients, code ) to analyze data and deduce missing or erroneous information
Ideal candidate will also have:
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Experience troubleshooting CRL/OCSP/PIV Validation issues in a distributed environment across networks
- Experience parsing and cryptographically validating documents in various formats
- Experience with X509 binary certificate construction and parsing
- Ability to recommend unique solutions in a multidisciplinary environment (e.g. utilizing Front-end, back-end or other multi-faceted solutions)
- Ability to positively interact with various customers both within and external to the organization to brief, design, and implement various identity management initiatives.
- Ability to interact directly with systems engineers, network engineers, and information security professionals to provide specific guidance across domains.
- Understanding of application security practices and their implementations in a state-of-the-art environment (e.g. NIST 800-53 security controls)
- A “security-first” mindset, able to analyze designs and implementations to identify security vulnerabilities and flaws.
Additional Information about Position and Company
- Must be U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain government clearance - CBP
- Secret clearance, Top Secret clearance, or prior CBP experience
- Must have good communications skills
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching funds
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
Reimbursement for approved technical