Seeking Desktop Support candidates. This is a full time, direct hire opening. Location is Chantilly, VA but will required travel to DC and Suitland, MD as needed. The position is available immediately and will be for a Major Museum. Must be able to pass drug test and background check. Must have Parking POS systems experience. Pay up to $40hr 1099 but will depend on experience.
The contractor shall provide professional and technical services to The National Air & Space Museum (NASM) Operation’s Solution Center at five (5) NASM locations: National Mall Building, and 901D ST (Aerospace Building) and 6th & Maryland (Capital Gallery) in Washington, DC, the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA, and the Paul E. Garber Facility in Suitland, MD.
(Desktop / Network Support)
The contractor shall use Smithsonian’s service ticket tracking system (HEAT or Service NOW) to respond to user support calls concerning network/desktop computer hardware of which NASM has a blend of mostly Dell Optiplex PC’s, Microsoft Surface Pro tablets, and Dell Latitude Laptop hardware. In addition, NASM deploys Apple Macintosh hardware, both desktops, graphics workstations, laptops and tablets. NASM deploys in total 250 desktops, 225 Surface Pros, also used as desktops, and 100 laptops. The contractor shall also respond to software, e-mail problems, network and desktop applications, and network & local printing problems. Install and configure all hardware associated with standalone and network workstations including peripherals, multimedia devices, printers, drivers, desktop computer operating systems, and network applications. Diagnose, replace, image, repair, configure or upgrade existing hardware associated with the desktop environment, this will include network connectivity, PC BIOS, video cards, sound cards, motherboards, cables, hard drives, and optical drives.
(Public Kiosk support)
The contractor shall maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and keep in good working order the personal computer (PC) exhibit stations (qty. 15 touch screen stations; 15 Digital Video Recorder (DVR) video displays; and 5 generic kiosks) at the Udvar-Hazy center.
(Parking Infrastructure and POS Systems Support)
The contractors shall have the required IT skill and experience with point of sale (POS) hardware, software, and network infrastructures and necessary security protocols. The UHC (Udvar-Hazy Center) parking lot implements a Parking Access and Revenue Control System (PARCS): A combination of equipment, subsystems, and supporting infrastructure that allows an entity to accurately calculate, collect, track, and report revenues for parking within one or more facilities. A PARCS also monitors and controls ingress and egress to and from those facilities.
Contractor shall provide support for database-focused software applications, parking hardware devices including handheld computers, lane and gate equipment, POS stations, electronic cash drawers, barcode readers, receipt printers, network communications and security protocols.
Provide daily, weekly, monthly reports as requested on parking metrics, usage, and statistics. Contractor shall produce change control plan and/or project management plans to assist NASM with planning for changes to the parking system.
The contractor shall have the required IT skill and experience in Helpdesk Heat and Service Now database systems. Refer to day-to-day operational Helpdesk reports to complete their tasks. Examples of support shall include but are not limited to the following areas:
• Configure and optimize standard desktop computer operating systems.
• Install computers using image technology standards using NASM/SI images of operating systems.
• Install and configure commercially available software on desktops, such as, office suites, electronic mail, databases, and web browsers.
• Mentor end users on above software.
• Configure and install PC peripherals both non- and network-related equipment.
• Provide IT/AV support to various NASM departments for Family Days, Curator Talks, and other Special Events. To include, but not limited to the setup, installation, and/or configuration of Video Conference Equipment, projectors, speakers, microphones, and cameras; PowerPoint presentation with presenter’s remote and cordless keyboards and cordless mice; WiFi installation of temporary antenna systems around the museum floor; setup of flight simulators and public kiosk systems for use on the museum floor; setup and support of large screen TV’s and/or projection on to large walls or screens on the museum floor; Laptop/Tablet setup for curator talks on the museum floor.
• Manage operation of the Public Address software system at the Udvar-Hazy center. This includes maintaining the software that make up the system as well as adding new broadcast messages as provided by SI/NASM.
• Calibrate touch screens for Museum.
• Troubleshoot and repair (touch screens & PC hardware)
• Troubleshoot and repair digital video players and associated large screen monitors
• Configure and install parking hardware and software at UHC gatehouse.
• PCI DSS (latest version of time of contract award) compliance rules understanding
• Diagnose and troubleshoot network communication errors between POS devices and gatehouse or servers.
• Provide project management plans and deliverables of change
• Perform routine network administration, including creation of network accounts using established SOPs. Establish and maintain network file directories and define access control on user accounts.
• Troubleshoot system problems, provide end-user orientation, test/install network software/hardware, and perform software/hardware upgrades.
• Provide demonstrations, training, and documentation concerning newly installed software/hardware.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve both networked and standalone printer problems. Requires general experience and knowledge on existing network operating systems, desktop computer hardware/software configuration outlined above.