Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking mid to senior level Java Developer. Must be US Citizen in order to attain clearance. Prefer Secret and/or DHS related clearance, but will also attain clearance for those without one first. Location is Falls Church, VA. Salaried job with full benefits but will also consider 1099. 100% remote work possible. Must have minimum 7 years of overall work experience.
Firm is looking for a motivated software engineer to join a team at Customs and Border Protection. The team will monitor and sustain a variety of interconnected HR and financial systems. The scope of work includes support for coding, integration, testing, build process, and the operational environments.
The scope of work includes contractor support for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support operations for the re-hosted COSS/TAMS/AIMS environment which integrates financial and HR systems for 60K government employees utilizing a variety of web services and databases. This includes support for coding, build process, integration, testing, and the operational environments. The primary objectives include:
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should be able to perform the following:
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Maintenance of existing Java code, to include modifications and enhancements as necessary to meet business needs.
- Work with other organizations/teams to integrate application with various HR and financial systems.
- Experience with Spring, JDBC, LDAP, and Tomcat a plus.
- Experience with GIT and JIRA a plus.
Additional Information about Position and Company
- Must be U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain government clearance.
- Secret clearance, Top Secret clearance, or prior CBP experience a plus.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in Java programing.
- Must have good communications skills
- Salary: up to $125,000 based on years of experience and knowledge/expertise (or $88/hr 1099)
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching funds
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Reimbursement for approved technical training/exams