Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking Systems Administrator with Red Hat Linux experience. Exposure to Mainframe is a plus. Must be US Citize with current clearance. Prefer Secret and/or DHS related clearance. Location is Falls Church, VA. Pay up to $125,000 a year with full benefits, but will depend on experience and candidate pool. Red Hat is required.
As part of a Development Team (approx. 10 people), serve as a Unix/Linux Server Administrator who will perform systems administration supporting engineering and sustainment teams with the running of multiple hosted enterprise applications. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about Unix/Linux Server Administration and how it is installed, configured, patched, and monitored. The candidate should also have experience with scripting and managing/troubleshooting COTS tools.
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Monitor and perform reconciliations between systems.
- Perform administration of Linux/Unix systems.
- Support administration and troubleshooting of COTS products (including MicroFocus)
- Comply with government-wide, DHS, and CBP requirements including those associated with systems security, access and internal controls.
- Provide experience and best practices related to O&M support.
- Proactively identify, recommend solutions for systems issues and support their resolution.
Additional Information about Position and Company:
- Must be U.S. Citizen with current clearance
- Secret clearance, Top Secret clearance, or prior CBP experience a plus.
- Must have 10+ year of experience with Linux, Unix, and/or Solaris
- Familiarity or experience with mainframe systems a plus.
- Salary: up to $125,000 depending on experience (or $85/hr 1099)
- Job location: Falls Church, VA
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching funds
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Reimbursement for approved technical training/exams