Direct hire. This is not a temp or temp to perm job. Seeking Senior Data Scientist. Location of job is in Rockville, MD. Must have PHD degree, NLP or Deep Learning experience and min 1 year of professional work experience. Full time job with full benefits and is available immediately. Relocation candidates will also be considered.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, and leadership teams in building AI related products and delivering on AI related projects. The ideal candidate should have an in-depth and hands-on experience with building machine learning products.
The right candidate should have a broad knowledge of AI applications in several industries and must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
The candidate must have strong experience with a variety of machine learning tools including deep learning, NLP, reinforcement learning, image and speech recognition.
Qualifications for Data Scientist
- We’re looking for someone with minimum 5 years of experience in data science and building machine learning models, has a PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with software/tools listed below.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Strong experience of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, neural networks, deep learning etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Strong experience in manipulating data and drawing insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with MongoDB, Oracle Database etc.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Hands on experience on language modeling tasks, sequence to sequence learning using Natural Language Processing.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, Cassandra etc. is a plus.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: D3, ggplot, Tableau, PowerBI etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.