Direct hire. This is not a temp or temp to perm job. Seeking UI/UX Designer. Location of job is in Rockville, MD.
Being the User's Advocate is key. Can you put yourselves into the shoes of someone who is not technically savvy and understand what would that user think about your design? Are you able to leverage familiar design patterns to help guide users through the user flows and yet keep them engaged through contextual presentation of content? If you can design complex applications that can be picked up without an instruction booklet, then this is the job for you.
- Design the information architecture and interaction models for customer projects. This may include websites, mobile experiences, or other touch-points
- Create clear Web and digital experiences for primarily government clients on projects that range from a few months to a few years in length
- Work iteratively; develop ideas from sketches to prototypes
- Conduct user research including contextual interviews and usability testing, and present findings to customers/partners
Experience & Education
- Create deliverables including conceptual diagrams, site maps, interaction flows, storyboards and schematics/wireframes, hi-fi mocks and functional prototypes
- Help build, lead and manage both the overall process and a UI/UX team
- Collaborate with visual designers, design engineers, technical partners and project managers to generate superb design work
- Work in close collaboration with Development and Product/Project Management teams to develop initial strategy—addressing product, brand, marketing, content, and overall user experience
- B.A., B.S., certifications, Boot Camps or other direct education in UX/UI Design, Interactive Design or a related field
- Familiarity with software development life cycle models and agile programming methodologies.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience with background in Wire framing, Information Architecture, User experience and UI Design for web and mobile interfaces.
- Experience designing and conducting user research, including contextual inquiry and usability testing, A/B testing and multivariate testing
- Understand how to apply business strategy and branding issues with user needs and tech constraints
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates your approach to projects, quality thought, storytelling, and an ability to bring your ideas to life
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - identifies risks and problems, and be able to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations
- Can work well with customers and internal technology and product/project teams to articulate issues and communicate persuasively
- Government client experience
- Experience working in small collaborative teams
- Experience leading, managing and coordinating teams & efforts
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud, inVision, Sketch, Zeplin, Axshare or related toolsets
- Experience with recording and editing video/motion graphics
- Experience with location video production
- Experience producing graphical assets for Responsive Web, iOS and Android platforms
- Experience leading user research or usability studies