This is a direct hire opening. Not a temp or temp to perm position. Seeking IA Specialist. Must have Secret clearance clearable to TS in the future. Location is in DC. Pay up to $120k a year with full benefits and/or $82hr 1099 max, but will depend on experience.
Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot various information technology security systems across different operating systems (Windows, Linux), Networking, Databases and Cloud environments.
- Analyze log files across various IPMS systems, monitor account access on the network.
- Provide guidance & review the baselines for IT hardware and software.
- Assist teams in implementing security for interfaces in very complex computing systems, applications, and network software and hardware;
- Evaluate Intranet/Internet-wide security threats in relation to local systems;
- Communicate potential information security exploits to the Bureau’s ISSO;
- Participate in the evaluation of proposed systems and applications to determine information security or data integrity implications;
- Develop and maintain domain-wide automated information technology security monitoring and reporting mechanisms;
- Follow reporting requirements for breaches, PII incidents, follow up with resources for any resulting requirements, including providing advice on potential solutions;
- Monitor domain-wide network traffic activity;
- Assist the Bureau ISSO in troubleshooting and resolving network security issues; and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Additional Information about Position and Company
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: active Secret clearance to start; may be submitted for a Top Secret security clearance after start of work.
- Must have 3+ years of work experience in performing IA in Federal environment;
- Familiarity with FedRamp certified cloud offerings and the related security monitoring requirements.
- Some knowledge and experience with tools such as Tripwire, Splunk, Wireshark, Nexpose, Visio, and Xacta is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of server operating systems; networking principles, design, and architecture; information technologies systems and network security software and hardware;
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, and correct problems related to information technologies security systems; research and assist in the design and implementation of information and network security solutions; develop methods for information security reporting purposes; troubleshoot domain-wide information technology system and network security issues, and;
- MCSE, CCSP, or higher technical certifications are preferred
- Salary: up to $120,000 W-2 based on experience or $82 as full-time 1099 consultant
- Job location: 2401 E Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20522
- Company benefits for W-2:
- Company-sponsored medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) plan: up to 3% matching, no vesting restrictions
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus