Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator
. Location is at Patuxent River, MD 20670 . Candidates with a SECRET clearance will be considered and we can sponsor their TS clearance. Pay up to $130,000 a year with full benefits but would depend on experience.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the education and experience listed below:
- Perform administration of SQL Server database engine, SQL Server Service Broker, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Perform database administration for SharePoint content databases.
- Ensure system availability, data integrity; monitor/troubleshoot backup and recoveries, performance, disk space, and network connectivity.
- Design and modify database objects (tables, schemas, indexes, and triggers); create/alter stored procedures and views.
- Ensure system availability, data integrity, database backup and restoration procedures, monitoring server performance, disk space, and network connectivity.
- Implement and operate SQL Server Services that includes SQL Server components running on physical standalone and clustered servers, and Virtual Machine environments.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, Business, or Math is preferred. The equivalent combination of education, certifications/training, or work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 5 years related/relevant experience in system administration is required.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- 4+ years experience in SQL Server 2008/2012 database administration.
- Demonstrated experience developing SQL Server stored procedures, triggers, and SQL.
- Experience in performance tuning and query optimization.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required prior to start
- Active SECRET required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- US Citizenship is required per government contract and in order to obtain clearance.
- Experience in SQL Server 2014.
- Experience performing as a DBA in a SharePoint 2013/2016 environment.
- Experience with SQL Server Business Intelligence components including Reporting Services, Integration Services, and Analysis Services.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance.