Direct hire, full time job. Seeking Mainframe Unisys OS2200 administrator. Pay up to $75,000 a year with full benefits but would depend on experience. Must be US Citizen in order to attain min interim Secret clearance to start. Location is Oklahoma City, OK. Will also consider relocation candidates. If you don't have a clearance now, we can start the process.
As part of an enterprise IT Operations Team (approx. 60 people), working in a very large enterprise operations environment with DoD-specific Security, Information Assurance, and Compliance requirements, serve as a Unisys mainframe OS2200 Administrator who will perform operations and maintenance and systems management functions in accordance with provided documentation/instructions and the support of Application Owners engineering and sustainment teams with the intent of securely running multiple hosted enterprise applications. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about Unisys OS2200 Mainframe Administration and how it is typically installed, configured, patched, and monitored. The candidate should also have hands-on experience with both home-grown and various third-party COTS software that typically run on these mainframes.
Technical Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should be able to perform the following:
Job Requirements, Skills, and Certs:
- Manage and maintain currently deployed Unisys OS2200 OS's operating environments.
- Install, configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot Unisys OS2200 operating environments and associated hardware and software components including Windows OS applications.
- Perform backups IAW applicable regulations, policies, and guidance and ensure backup failures are properly addressed.
- Ensure operating environments are properly configured and functioning with specified network and storage components and provided tool suites.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot Virtual Tape Library (VTL) Server as it relates to tape processing within and in support of the Unisys operating environments.
- Adequately validate functionality subsequent to system or component modification.
- Analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose to ensure system optimization, integrity, availability, and functionality are within prescribed parameters.
- Configure networking and storage components to meet engineering specifications.
- Document processes, procedures, and activities relating to OS2200 administration and operations
- Interact with service desks, technical staff, and customers to resolve technical problems or provide information.
- Use provided ticket management system to properly document and resolve problems.
- Provide required support within this subtask for disaster recovery efforts, both real and
- Properly handle documents according to appropriate regulations and guidance including, but not limited to, classification level.
- Adhere to all applicable government and security requirements, processes, and regulations.
- Provide callback and after-hours support.
Additional Information about Position and Company
- CompTIA SECURITY+ Certification is required within 6 months from start of work
- SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Secret clearance or Interim Secret. If no clearance, then we will submit for one.
- Must have operational experience in support production systems within DoD or other Federal Government Agencies with security and compliance requirements
- Must have 1+ year of demonstrated work experience with OS2200
- Must have a good understanding of Unisys OS2200 Mainframe Administration
- Salary: up to $75,000 based on years of experience and knowledge/expertise
- Job location: Oklahoma
- Company benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with matching funds
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Reimbursement for approved technical training/exams