Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking IV&V Analyst / IT Tester. Location is DC and Arlington, VA. Must be US Citizens clearable for Public Trust. Full time job with full benefits.
Looking for a Mid-Level Technical Analyst/Tester to support our client by performing Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) of various types of systems and applications, including custom software as well as commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products. IV&V activities consist of documentation review, process assessment, and independent testing. The Mid-level Tester will be primarily responsible for reviewing requirements/user stories, designing and executing test cases/scripts and documenting test results. Testing assignments will include preparing for and performing functional testing. The ideal candidate will be a professional, energetic, motivated self-starter that is able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment. Additionally, the candidate must be a team player who is able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Must be willing to work on site in DC metropolitan area on a regularly basis.
What you’ll do
Qualifications and Requirements
- Performs independent verification and validation for assigned projects
- Review and analyze technical artifacts and report findings
- Research industry best practices or regulatory requirements
- Supports the development and delivery of IV&V deliverables (test plan, test cases, mapping documents, reports, etc.)
- Proficient in manual testing
- Excellent plus: experience with automated regression, performance and load testing
- Excellent plus: Momentum financial experience
- Supports project manager with planning and scheduling activities and risk identification/mitigation.
- If necessary, supports IV&V integration with DevOps and leads the automated/load testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technical disciplines
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Must be able to communicate clearly with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with IEEE, INCOSE, CMMI standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 5-7 years of proven software testing experience
- 5-7 years of hands-on functional testing experience that includes:
- Test case development and execution
- Defects Identification and ability to follow client defect lifecycle
- Knowledge of RTM
- Daily test status and tracking reporting to team lead
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance