Direct hire. This is not a temp to perm or temp opening. Seeking Senior Cisco Network Engineer. Location is in Springfield, VA. Clearable US Citizens only, but prefer Secret or CBP clearance. Pay up to $125,000 a year with full benefits but would depend on experience. Any ACI, JSON, Cisco 9k/7k/5k/2k/1k experience highly desired.
Network Engineer with experience working in highly available Data Center environments. It is a full-time position supporting the day-to-day operations and engineering of the network. A successful candidate will oversee the installation of networking hardware in addition to maintaining, supervising and troubleshooting the existing network. Network administrators work to install and maintain a network on which a company's information and communications are stored and transmitted. This includes local area networks (LANs) and wireless Internet networks. Successful candidates will have experience specifically in Cisco software and technology products. When a problem arises, the administrator works quickly to determine a solution and maintain the system's security. Cisco administrators also monitor the company's network and let their superiors know about any emerging requirements or necessary updates.
Working under the direction of the Network Operations Manager/Network Architect; this position requires excellent technical, customer service, and organizational skills to support network operations for customer connections, administrative personnel, and staff. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments. Duties will include:
- Performing a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Nortel, and Extreme network equipment.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long haul optical equipment).
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
- Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
The ideal candidate should have at minimum the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience with both a B.S. and M.S. degree.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
- Master of Science (M.S.) can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience.
- 3 years direct experience required in the management and administration of network infrastructure - routers, switches, etc. - in a high-availability or e-commerce infrastructure
- 3+ experience with layer 2 network protocols switching, including but not limited to: 802.1Q tagging, STP (and its variations), LACP, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with IP subnetting
- 2+ years of experience with layer 3 network routing, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- 2+ years of layer 4 IP protocol suites (TCP, UDP, ICMP, GRE, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with access technologies such as LDAP, AD, RADIUS, TACACS
- 2+ years direct experience in management and administration of the F5 BIG-IP product line including Load-balancing, iRules and SSL termination. • Experience in DNS
- 1+ years of experience working in structured change management processes
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Strong organizational / coordination skills
- US Citizenship
- Desired Certifications: Cisco System Engineering, ICP, CompTIA
- Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain CBP Public Trust