Direct hire, full time job. Seeking several Java developers. Pay up to $145,000 a year with full benefits but would depend on experience and applicant pool. Will also consider 1099 contractors. Must be US Citizen in order to attain clearance. Location: Springfield/Alexandria, VA area.
Join a team of highly skilled engineers! Working closely with the Lead Architect, the Java Developer will participate in the system architecture design, systems engineering, development, integration testing and validation, and all aspects of the software life-cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) for a application implemented using Java and backend web services. The candidate will be responsible for developing and testing Java code as dictated by project requirement. The candidate will be responsible for analyzing results of development, and update developed software in production environment.
- Must have strong Java development skills.
- Strong SQL/data experience working with large datasets and large scale systems.
- Spring/JPA/Hibernate experience
- Web Services/SOAP/REST/XMLRPC
- Microservices architectures
- Experience with front-end development desired
- Experience with Ant/Maven; Git repositories
- Big Data (Hadoop/Spark) development desired
- Application and understanding of Relational Database Concepts
- Must demonstrate an understanding of core computer science concepts. Demonstrate specific practical applications of those concepts.
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/get clarifications, and get the job done. No handholding required.
- Excellent communication: must be a good listener and be able to clearly communicate ideas with team members, project/product teams, and external groups.
- Practical experience in performance testing and tuning is desired
- Experience with statistics, modeling
Additional Information about Position and Company
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering, MS preferred.
- 5+ experience in software development using Java.
- Must be able to acquire government clearance
- Salary: W-2 employee up to $145,000 based on experience , 1099: TBD
- Job location: Springfield, VA / Alexandria, VA
- Company benefits for W-2:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) plan: 3% matching, no restrictions
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Long- and short-term Disability coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Hiring Referral Bonus